Effective date: April 25, 2018
Last updated: Dec 14, 2018
1. How to contact us and how to exercise your rights
You can delete your player account by sending us an email with the explicit demand to delete your account. Your account will be deleted and you will not be able to play the game anymore with the deleted account. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, or if you want to exercise your rights to access personal information or for your personal information to be erased, please contact us using the following details:
Wiwaxia Games, Lochnerstr. 84, 50226 Frechen, Germany.
2. Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws. You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
3. What personal information does Wiwaxia Games collect?
Wiwaxia Games is a gaming company headquartered in Frechen, Germany. Our main business is to develop and publish mobile game applications. For more information about Wiwaxia Games, please see the “About” section at our website www.wiwaxiagames.com.
Our Apps are free to play games (with optional in-game purchases and ads), and in order to maintain a high quality and a great game experience, we process information from and about you in particular to improve the entire experience in the Apps and to support internal operations.
3.1 Data you provide us with
Certain parts of our Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to begin playing games, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us.
3.2 Data that we collect automatically
When you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, your age, device information such as unique device identification numbers, browser-type, language, general location data, data to fight fraud and cheating, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Services, related to your use of the Apps, including your game progress, scores, achievements, purchases with both virtual and real currencies, reception of virtual goods in-game and interactions with other players.
3.3 Data we collect from third party sources
– Data we receive if you log into or link the Apps with third party tools (such as PlayFab,Facebook, WeChat, Google or Apple)
– Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
– Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse or advertising abuse)
– Data from platforms that the Apps run on
– Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you with a better service.
4. Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only:
– where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you and operate the Service
– where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights
– where we have your consent to do so
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
We will process your information for the purposes of operating our Website, Apps and other Services and communicating with you as necessary for those purposes and in our legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, undertaking marketing activities, improving our Apps, Website and other Services or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
5. Who does Wiwaxia Games share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
– With third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example server hosting providers, technical service providers for supporting internal operation, user login services and analytics service providers), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
– With any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation, to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person
– With a potential or actual buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice
– With other players in order to provide certain in-app features, such as leaderboards
– With advertising companies in order to serve contextual and behavioural advertisements to you within the App (the data include your IP-address, Device ID and advertising ID)
– With any other person, only with your consent for such disclosure
We use advertising to fund our Services and to make our games available for free. We show third party advertising in our games and also advertise our Service via third parties. To enable us to show in-game ads we may send your advertising ID and IP-address to advertisers (or ad networks such as Unity Ads) to enable them to find appropriate ads to serve to you in our games and on third party properties. You can control and limit our use of your advertising ID by changing the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android), or opt out of targeted ads in the settings in the app by turning off targeted ads.
Please note that other third parties (our data partners) may be data controllers of your information.
6. Social sharing features
The App offers social sharing features which lets you share actions you take in the App with other media (for example Facebook, Twitter and similar). The use of such features enables sharing of information with your friends or with the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature.
For more information about the processing carried out by the respective third parties in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
7. Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, according to the applicable processing laws, you can do so at any time by contacting us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
You can in certain circumstances, object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information according to the applicable data processing laws.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we may send you.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
8. Data retention/storage of information
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. How does Wiwaxia Games keep you personal data secure?
Wiwaxia Games uses appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
10. International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Our servers are located around the world, and our third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable law.
11. Push notifications
Wiwaxia Games may send you push notifications or alerts to your mobile device to provide game-related information, promotional communication and other related messages, if you have agreed to such notices. You can deactivate these notifications by changing the notification settings on your device.
12. Age limits
Our services are intended for general audiences and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children. If we discover that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a minor under 13 years of age, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such personal information from our records.